Sunday, December 12, 2010

I'm Back!!!

It feels so good to be home...let alone it AMERICA! I didn't realize how much I would miss just being in America and all the wonderful food, snacks (junkfood), and things available that you do not get outside the states.

Italy was beautiful. Pictures will post later! I could have stayed in Rome for a week. I loved all the tourist spots. The one thing that I really related to Italy was it was like downtown Salt Lake. You see all these buildings and you turn a corner and this beautiful Temple is there in the middle of everything. The Trevi fountain was my favorite to see.

Once we disembarked off the boat at Rome we stayed in the city and the first stop was the colloseum. My last picture of the colloseum my camera battery died!! (I think my bunkmate was sleep walking at unplugged it) but luckily Blake had his camera and took some great pictures so I could just sit back and enjoy.

I can't believe Christmas is just around the corner! It really didn't hit me until I walked in my front door and my house is decorated! They played christmas music on the ship but it isn't the same cause it was humid and 75 degrees. We had a couple of ports that we were unable to stop at so we had a couple of unscheduled stops but that made the cruise more exciting.

There is so much we did in 2 weeks I don't know where to even start! For our dinner everynight we noticed the Matridee (he is the boss of the dinners) was watching us and he came over and asked if we are one family...we said yes. We even said some are missing and he was shocked. After dinner he said tomorrow he will bring us some of his best wine for our patients with dinner and Sandy(Blake's mom) said we don't drink wine. He was stunned then in his Italian accent he said,"Mormon?" we said, "YEAH!" The next night for dinner he came over with a can of coke for everyone at our table and poored it in our wine glasses.

I will post pictures soon with some captures of the trip.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh that Mormon story is soo funny. Cant wait to see pictures

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Followers